TERMS OF SERVICE
Date updated: 09 April, 2021
These Terms explain the rules you need to follow when you visit our website at Edufikra.com and any affiliated web pages we may host, our mobile applications (“Apps”), and any other services we might offer (together with Site and Apps, our “Services”).
Who we are
Edufikra is an educational platform empowering education stakeholders to bring more innovations and enhance learning outcomes. The platform is registered under the company Edufikra FZE with a registered office in business center , P.O.Box 73111 Sharjah Publishing City Freezone , Sharjah , United Arab Emirates.
Our Services allow educators and creators to:
- connect, collaborate and share ideas through Edufikra community groups (The Teachers Circle)
- find, buy, sell, and share their original educational digital content for teaching and learning, materials (“Content”) through Edufikra Marketplace (Resources Hub). Content may include any electronically delivered files such as digital products, streaming video, printables and other educational product types. Edufikra may modify, add, discontinue support for, or limit the availability of any product type. Edufikra at no time owns or sells Content for or on behalf of our Sellers.
Users of the site include members (“Members”) who have registered for an Edufikra account (“Account”) and visitors who browse the marketplace without registering for an Account (“Visitors”). (Visitors and Members together are our “Users”.)
- Scope of Terms
To become a Member, you must be 18 years of age or above. By registering for an Account or using our Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
When you create an Account, the information you provide needs to be true, accurate and relates to you.
We may ask for proof of your age or identity at any time in order to verify your Account and we may close or suspend access to your Account if you violate this rule or if we are unable to verify your age or identity. We may terminate your account and any or all rights that you have been granted to make use of our Websites, if any information you provide is inaccurate, false, or incomplete.
If your Account has been closed by Edufikra, you are no longer eligible to be a Member of our community.
- USERNAME & PASSWORD
You’ll be asked to pick a username and password for your Account. Your username has to be unique and can’t be inappropriate, offensive, or something that violates the rights of someone else. It’s your responsibility to keep your login information confidential and you’re responsible for any and all activity that happens under your Account whether or not you authorized it. If you believe that your Account has been accessed by an unauthorized person, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MEMBERSHIP TYPES
Edufikra offers three types of memberships: (a) Buyer /User Membership; (b) Basic Seller Membership and (c) Influencer membership.
Buyer /User and basic seller Memberships are free of charge and open to everyone, whereas influencer accounts are paid memberships, on an invite basis only and requires pre approval. You can refer to the seller agreement to know more about the memberships, terms and conditions and the membership fees involved. If you still have questions, you may refer to FAQ page. If you still need more clarifications , please feel free to contact us on email@example.com.
- ACCOUNT CLOSURE
Closure by Edufikra. We may, in our discretion, close or suspend the Account of any Member at any time for any reason, with or without notice.
Closure by You. You have the right to close your account at any time, without notice to us. You can close your Account from your Account Basic page or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Effect of Account Closure. After your account is closed, you’ll no longer have access to your Account information, past purchases, uploaded Content, and many of the features of our Services that require an Account. If you close your Account on your own, you can reopen your Account anytime by logging in again. If you’d like for Edufikra to close your Account so that it cannot be reopened upon login, please write to us.
If you’re a Seller, any Content you’ve posted will no longer be searchable and your Content pages will not be available to Users, however your paid Content remain accessible to the Accounts of Members who have previously purchased them.
- Content and Third Party Content
Content. The Content and communications on our Services are uploaded or posted by Sellers and not Edufikra. Edufikra is not a party to any transaction between Users and Sellers. As such, the actual contract for a sale is directly between Users and the Seller. The Content you see on our site and any views, opinions, or assertions presented are those of the Members who posted the Content and do not reflect the opinions, or the official policy or position of Edufikra. Edufikra accept no obligations in connection to these contracts and makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, accuracy, effectiveness, legality, appropriateness, or other aspects of any Content. However, if you have problems with your order, we may step in to help
Interactions with other Members. You may have the ability to communicate, interact, or otherwise connect with other Members through our Service. It’s your responsibility to take precautions when sharing any information about yourself with another Member or anyone else, and you release Edufikra from any liability that may arise out of your interactions with another Member of our Service.
Third Party Content. As you use our Services, there may be links, ads, or other ways for you to visit other websites not owned or controlled by Edufikra. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. Edufikra cannot and does not make any representations or warranties about other websites or services.
Third Party Services. The Services may permit you to link to other websites, or use other services or Content on the Internet in conjunction with our Service (“Third Party Services”), and Third Party Services may contain links to the Services. When you access Third Party Services, you do so at your own risk. Third Party Services are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such Third Party Services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such Third Party Service.
- MONITORING CONTENT
Edufikra has the right to monitor any activity and Content associated with our Services. We may investigate any complaints or reported violations of our policies and take any action that we deem appropriate. Such action may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspension or termination of your Membership, denying access, and/or removal of any Content on the site, including Content Listings. we may remove any User-Uploaded Content from the Websites without any liability to you or to a third party. We may remove Content if we think it’s unsuitable.
- COMMENTS, RATINGS & REVIEWS
You may have the option to provide a review of a Resource you’ve purchased or downloaded for free by providing a rating and a comment (“Feedback”). Any Feedback you choose to leave should reflect your honest experience using the Resource for its intended purpose and must comply with our Comments and Ratings Guidelines. We may, at any time, set additional requirements or limitations for leaving Feedback such as a minimum or maximum characters, time-based restrictions, or other requirements. Sellers may not leave feedback on their own Resources or otherwise attempt to undermine the integrity of our Feedback system. We may remove Feedback for any reason, at any time, without notice and we may ban a Member from leaving future Feedback.
- Edufikra Community
These Community Guidelines are meant to help you better understand:
- The principles that we think make Edufikra a special place
- The primary roles that users play in Edufikra Community
- The rules we expect you to abide by as user
- What you can do if you come across inappropriate behavior
It’s important to us that Edufikra is and always remains a safe, supportive, collaborative community for educators to share and discover find new and better ways to teach. This section outlines the rules you need to follow when using Edufikra whether you’re buying, selling, downloading free resources, posting content in our community groups or just browsing . Basically, be respectful, tell the truth, follow the law, and use common sense.
- COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
As a User of our Services, you are required to follow our Community Guidelines which are incorporated as part of these Terms. We may modify or add to these rules at our discretion. If you violate any of these rules, we may take action against your Account, such as removing Content you’ve posted, removing Resources from your Account, suspending or terminating your Account, issuing a refund to your Buyer, or any additional action that we deem necessary.
We recognize how important it is for Edufikra to be a place where educators feel empowered to communicate, and we take seriously our role in keeping abuse off our service. People can report potentially violating content, including Pages, Groups, Profiles, individual content, and comments. We also give people control over their own experience by allowing them to block, unfollow or hide people and posts.
When you use Edufikra, you agree to abide by the following rules at all times. You also agree not to encourage others to violate these rules. The latter is taken seriously and can also result in removal from the Service.
- No advertisements are allowed
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use Edufikra (or older if required by your country).
- You may not engage in abuse, bullying, or harassment of any person or groups of people.
- You may not discriminate against, engage in hateful conduct directed at, or threaten violence or harm against any person or groups of people.
- You may not share, threaten to share, or incentivize the sharing of other people’s private information without their prior permission.
- You may not engage in intentionally disruptive activity that negatively affects the experience of other users.
- You may not engage in any conversations or upload any content that violates any intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
- You may not spread false information or spam, or artificially amplify or suppress information.
- You may not share or promote information (or synthetic or manipulated media) that is intended or likely to cause harm to any person or groups of people, including minors.
- You may not use the service for the purpose of conducting any unauthorized or illegal activities.
These are examples of potential consequences for Rules violations (non-exhaustive):
- Provide a warning for a first offense of low severity and impact
- Request the removal of or directly remove offending content
- Restrict the ability to participate in some or all conversations
- Temporarily or permanently disable or remove the account
- Notify law enforcement when there is risk of physical harm or a threat to public safety
Consequences for confirmed violations may vary based on the type and severity of the violation, the impact to victim(s), the historical actions of the offending user, and the intent of the actions.
- USER BLOCKING SYSTEM
Our system allows for user blocking. A user can block any other user following their group page for legitimate reasons. We also recommend banning people who continually publish spam on your Page. A blocked user will not be able to receive or see any updates from your page. They’ll no longer be able to see your updates, posts or publish to your Page, like or comment on your Page’s posts, message your Page or like your Page. You can choose to unban them at any time.
To ensure our platform stays safe and comfortable for all users, any user that is blocked 5 times from different users, he/she will be suspended automatically from the whole community and can be back after we evaluate the situation and the reports
- INCIDENT REPORTING
We depend on the vigilance of each user and the community to report violations of Rules. We have different reporting mechanisms such as content reporting as well as user reporting. If you believe a user has violated a Rule, you can report a user incident. Also, if you believe a published content is violating a rule, you can report content incident.
Note: Inappropriate use of the incident reporting system or intentional, false reports are against our rules and are taken seriously.
If you witness a Rules violation, please follow the instructions below to report it.
- Content reporting:
If you want to report something that goes against our Community standards , you can do so by using the link next to the content . A user can report any content on the community groups and pages (posts, comments, documents, photos, etc.) depending on a content violation rule.
Our standard violation rules are harassment, Inappropriate, Misinformation, Offensive, Suspicious) but a user may also add their own description of any other violation. If you want to report something that goes against our Community Standards but you don’t have an account or can’t see the content (example: someone blocked you), You can ask a friend to help you. Remember that you should contact local law enforcement if you ever feel threatened by something you see on Edufikra.
We take content reporting seriously. Any post that will be reported 5 times will be automatically hidden ore removed from the community pages, with the option to bring it back if found not violating any rules after investigation. If your content is flagged for a potential violation of our Rules and is hidden or removed from , you may contact us at email@example.com for appeals .
- User Reporting
Reporting another user for a Rule violation:
- If you submit a report, we will not share your identity with the person you have reported.
- All reports that are submitted will be reviewed and investigated. The need for and type of corrective or disciplinary action needed will be determined on a case by case basis.
- We seek to be fair, consistent, and responsive in addressing all reported incidents.
- If the violation directly targeted you, we may share certain information about the process and resolution with you (e.g., the stage of investigation, any concerns that you may be at risk for immediate harm, information on how the resolution could impact you).
- Intentional, false reports of violations are treated as a violation of the Rules.
If another user has reported you for violating a Rule, here’s what you should know:
- If a report has been filed against you, we may contact you through your edufikra account with information about the nature of the report. We may keep some details private in order to protect the reporting user(s). If we are unable to reach you, we may restrict your account access temporarily until we are able to do so.
- We will notify you of the result of the investigation and its potential impact to you.
- If you believe a report has been falsely filed against you or you would like to appeal a decision, please contact us, including as much context as possible.
- Any attempt to retaliate against users who participate in reporting or investigation is a violation.
If your account has been suspended, please follow this process for inquiry or appeal:
- If your account is flagged for a potential violation of our Rules, your account may be temporarily or permanently restricted or removed from the platform.
- If you believe your account did not violate our Rules, contact our Trust & Safety team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your Edufikra username, verified email address, and reference to the original decision notification you received.
- Please keep the following in mind when submitting an appeal:
- Appeals must originate from the user who received the notice.
- Edufikra does not accept nor consider appeals on behalf of another user.
- Submitting multiple appeals concurrently may result in a delay in review.
- Once you submit the appeal, the Edufikra Team will decide whether or not to review it based on the Rule violation in question. Please note that not all enforcement decisions are eligible for an appeal.
- LEGAL NOTE
Finally, please keep in mind this quick legal note on our Community Guidelines, violations, and how we may enforce them:
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Edufikra users and you agree that we will have no liability or responsibility with respect to those interactions.
- We understand that not all Edufikra users will share our views as to what constitutes a violation of these Community Guidelines. However, to operate a functional platform, we must reserve the right to determine in our sole discretion what constitutes a violation.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change portions of these Community Guidelines at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last updated.
- Content Licensing Policy
Edufikra Sellers own their Content and give certain rights to use them for limited purposes. This section describes the agreement between you and the Sellers and what’s acceptable with Content licenses.
You acknowledge that by using our Website, there is a risk that you may be exposed to User-Uploaded Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable. If you object to the publication of any User-Uploaded Content made available through our Websites, please contact us at email@example.com.
You acknowledge that all User-Uploaded Content is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. We accept no responsibility or liability for, and do not guarantee, the accuracy, integrity or quality of any User-Uploaded Content.
License. Edufikra Sellers own and maintain the intellectual property rights in their Content and grant Members licenses to use such Content for limited use as described in this section. When you purchase Content, you’re purchasing a license to use it in accordance with these Terms. All downloadable and digitally consumed Content can only be used in accordance with a license.
Your use of any Content, whether the license is purchased by you, transferred to you, or purchased for you as a gift or on your behalf by your school or other entity, is subject to these Terms. In the event of any conflict between this section Terms and individual Seller’s terms, these Terms shall take precedence, except that Sellers may grant certain additional rights to their Content.
- INDIVIDUAL LICENSE
An Individual License is a license that may only be assigned to a single specific individual user (“Assignee”) (e.g. one specific teacher) for that Assignee’s lifetime use. Individual Licenses are non-transferable and may not be used by or reallocated to a different Assignee (for example, a teacher who purchases an Individual License can use such Content, in accordance with this section, for her or his lifetime but cannot transfer use of such Content to another teacher after her or his retirement).
Except as otherwise stated in these Terms (such as in the “Limitations on Access” section set forth below), with an Individual License, the Seller shall grant to the purchasing Member, for use by one Assignee, a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, worldwide, limited license to use the Content for the purposes and under the conditions described below. The Seller may grant additional rights at their discretion.
If you are a Buyer and if you purchase an Individual License, the Seller permits you to assign use of the Content to one Assignee. Once an Assignee has been designated, the license cannot be used by any other individual, but you can purchase additional licenses as needed. For clarity, you can purchase an Individual License for yourself, as a gift for another person, or as an Organization purchasing on behalf of a teacher. In such cases, a single “transfer” of the Content to the intended recipient Assignee is permitted, but you may not reallocate an Individual License from one Assignee to another or share the Content with additional users unless you purchase additional licenses for each additional Assignee.
As an Assignee of an Individual License, the Seller permits you to:
- Use the Content for personal, educational, and instructional use only (“Personal Use”). This means you can use Content for your own personal purposes, for your individual study, and to teach your students.
- Print and make copies of downloadable Content as necessary for personal use. Copies may be made and provided to your students, classroom aides, and substitute teachers as necessary. Copies may also be made for students’ parents, classroom observers, supervisors, or school administrators for review purposes only. The actual product and video Content may not be copied, shared, or otherwise reproduced.
Unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Seller:
- You may not use the Content, in part or in whole, for commercial purposes. This means you can’t sell it, use it for advertising or marketing purposes, or use it in any other way in connection with a business or profit making activity.
- You may not post or otherwise make the Content available on any website ( either in soft or hard format) .
- You may not share, send, sell, sublicense, or transfer the Content to someone else for their own Personal Use unless you purchase an additional license for each additional educator you will share it with. Each Individual License is for use by one specific educator only.
- LIMITATION ON ACCESS
Downloadable Content. Edufikra cannot guarantee continuous access to any Content through our Service. For example, if at any time, Edufikra stops hosting a Content for any reason or you or Edufikra terminates, suspends, downgrades, or otherwise limits your Account or access to Edufikra’s Services, your ability to access the Content through our Services may be terminated. It’s your responsibility to maintain and store a copy of downloadable Content on your device to ensure future access.
Digital and Video Content. If you purchase access to a Content in the format of streaming video or other non-downloadable formats, your license will expire if you or Edufikra closes your account, or if Edufikra stops hosting the Content for any reason or if the seller deletes the .
- Intellectual Property
- THE SERVICES AND THE SITE CONTENT
Except for Content uploaded or posted by Members, all other aspects of the Site and the Apps you find on our Services is owned or controlled by us or our licensors. This includes, but is not limited to, all text, graphics, photographs, logos, and other imagery, videos, user interfaces, trademarks, computer code, and other content of our Site or Apps (collectively,“Site Assets). This also includes the design, structure, coordination, arrangement, expression, and the “look and feel” of Site Assets. Site Assets are protected by copyright, trademarks, trade dress, trade secret, and other intellectual property rights.
You may not use, reproduce, copy, modify, republish, perform, display, disassemble, reverse engineer, translate, or distribute Site Assets in any way to any person, computer, server, website, or other entity for any commercial purpose without our explicit permission. By commercial purpose we mean that you can’t sell, license, rent, use in your own business or website, incorporate into marketing materials or presentations, or make other commercial use of our Site Assets.
- YOUR CONTENT
Rights you grant to Edufikra. Some parts of our Services allow you to upload or post Content. You retain any intellectual property rights that you hold in that Content. Edufikra does not take or claim any ownership (copyright, trademark, or otherwise) over your Content.
When you post or upload Content to our Services, you grant to us limited rights to store, use, archive and display, and provide access to the Content you post as necessary to provide our Services, such as to display your Content in your store and in search results, to make your Content available for download, and to display and promote your Content through our Services, through email, and ads on other sites or search engines, and through other marketing campaigns. For these purposes, you grant to us a nonexclusive, irrevocable, perpetual (except as otherwise provided herein), worldwide, sublicensable license to exercise any copyright, trademark rights, or other rights in and to your Content necessary to provide our Services to you and our other Users.
Effect of account closure or Content deactivation. If you or Edufikra closes, suspends, or otherwise limits your account or access to the Services, or downgrades your account to a Buyer Membership, we’ll no longer display your store page or your Content Listings, and your Content will no longer be available for purchase or download by Members who haven’t previously purchased them. If you or Edufikra deletes or deactivates a single Content Listing, that Content will not be available for purchase or download by Members who have not previously purchased or downloaded the Content, and the Content Listing will no longer be displayed in your store or in search results. If any of the above situations takes place, Edufikra will continue to store your Content file on our servers and will continue to make it available for download by Members who have previously purchased the Content subject to other limitations set forth in these Terms. Edufikra will continue to display your Communications unless you remove them from the Services before you go. If you do remove them, we’ll no longer display them on our Services, but we may continue to store a copy of them in our databases.
- REPORTING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY VIOLATIONS
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect the same from all of our Members. No Member may post any material, information, communication, data, or anything else that infringes on the copyrights, trademarks, or patent rights of someone else.
It’s our policy to close the Accounts of Members who repeatedly or egregiously violate this policy. However, Edufikra shall not be liable for any claims relating to infringement of intellectual property rights of any Member or any third parties.
- Payment, Earnings, & Payouts
This section provides information on making and receiving payments, our refund policy, and how and when Sellers get paid for the Content they sell through our Services.
- PURCHASING TERMS & REFUNDS
Refund Policy. When you list a Content or make a purchase on Edufikra, you agree to be bound by Edufikra’s refund policy which will updated to you from time to time. Except as provided in our Refund Policy, all sales are considered final and nonrefundable once an order is submitted.
Payment methods and currency. We may offer a variety of payment methods to pay for purchases, such as a credit and debit card, PayPal Account, School Purchase Order, Gift Card. We accept payments in United Arab Emirates Dirhams (AED) and other currencies as may be supported by our payment gateway.
Promise to pay. When you buy something on Edufikra (including Content, Edufikra Gift Cards, Account credit, Seller Memberships, promotional, marketing or other services which may be available to Sellers, and other products or services we may offer), you represent and warrant that you’re authorized to make the purchase and to use the payment method and billing information you’ve provided. You further agree that Edufikra may charge your payment method the amount due, which will be in U.A.E Dirhams. We are not responsible for any additional fees you may be charged by your financial institution such as international transaction fees , taxes or overdraft fees. Payment for certain purchases by Sellers, such as promotional services, may be collected through a deduction from the Seller’s next Earnings Payout, or by credit or debit card if your current unpaid earnings are not enough to cover the purchase price.
- EARNINGS & PAYOUTS
Earnings and payouts for Sellers shall be determined in accordance with the Seller Agreement signed between the Seller and Edufikra. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.
- Your Privacy
- Release and Indemnity
- Limitation of Liability
We (together with our officers, directors, employees, representatives, shareholders, affiliates, and providers) to the extent permitted by law hereby expressly exclude any responsibility and liability for (a) any loss or damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property as the result of your use or access to the Services or (b) any injury, death, loss, claim, act of god, accident, delay, or any direct, special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including without limitation lost profits or lost savings), whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, that arise out of or is in any way connected with any use of or reliance the Services or our Content including without limitation, use of or reliance on information, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, non-delivery of information, disclosure of communications, or any other failure of performance.
Our aggregate liability for any and all loss or damage suffered by you as the result of your access to the Services, your using of any Content from the Site, which is not covered by the above paragraph, is limited to AED 100.
- Changes to these terms
The notice will include the date on which the changes will be effective. Continuing to use our Services after the changes go into effect serves as your acceptance of the changes.
- Other Terms
- DISPUTES WITH Edufikra
- NO WAIVER
Any failure by Edufikra to enforce any right or provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or provision and will not limit our right to act or enforce these Terms against subsequent or similar breaches.
If any part of these Terms is deemed invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, that part which is unenforceable is severed from the Terms, and will have no impact on the enforceability of the remainder of these Terms.
We take these user terms and conditions as well as Community Guidelines seriously and ask that you follow them in the spirit in which they are intended. We further recognize that these terms and guidelines must continually evolve, so please do contact us with questions, suggestions, or comments by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for reading, and for helping us build an amazing community and resources hub!