Last Modified: 10-April-2021
This is our policy regarding how we collect, use, and disclose the information we, Edufikra.com (“Edufikra.com”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), collect via our website services at www.Edufikra.com (the “Website”); through browser and other web extension applications, and through the services available through our Website, Apps, and other applications (such services, along with the Website, Apps, and applications are, collectively, the “Services”).
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services. We may combine information collected from or about you from these various sources.
Information We Collect Directly from You
We collect information directly from you in several places on our Services, as set forth generally below.
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- payment details such as credit card details
How we collect information
We collect information in the following ways:
- information is given to us by you – We will collect your information in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the website , Application, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services/news;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
- when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
- when you make payments to us, through this Application or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
- information is received from other sources – We will receive information about you from the following third parties:
- information is collected automatically – To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your information automatically, for example: we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to our Website, content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content. We use various technologies to collect and store information, including cookies, pixel tags, local storage, such as browser web storage or application information caches, information bases, and server logs. This information may include, but is not limited to, account information; IP address; domain name; browser type and operating system; web pages viewed while logged in; links clicked; the length of time spent on our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led a user to our Services. In addition, we will collect information about user activities within our Services, such as which games a user plays, the number of correct and incorrect answers, and download history.
Currently, visitors to our Services are able to access some content without becoming a member. However, if you would like to download worksheets, engage in digital learning experiences, customize or personalize certain content, gain access to certain community features, or rate editorial content, you are required to register to become a member. In order to register, you must supply us with a valid email address and password; as well as some additional voluntary information about you (e.g., your “type”: parent, teacher, or student; school affiliation, grade focus, , etc.).
At certain times, you may be asked to participate in surveys, which are generally aimed at obtaining general information, such as your reactions to a particular article or feature set on our site. Because information obtained in these surveys is connected with individual subscribers and is used internally to improve our products or better market our services, participation is voluntary.
Our use of information
Any or all of the above Information may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Application. Specifically, Information may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Application;
We may use your Information for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, please email to us at email@example.com
Sharing of your information
We may share Information with our employees, agents and/or professional advisors to improve our services.
We may share Information with third party companies and contractors who work on our behalf to provide us with specialized services, such as email message deployment, email address validation, merge-purge (identifying and removing duplicate addresses), subscription fulfillment, customer support and service, research, statistical analysis, cross-device user tracking, information and website hosting, marketing, advertising, and other information and transaction processing. These companies work on our behalf, are authorized by us to obtain only the information they need to deliver the service, and are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information. We also engage third party service providers for the purpose of processing the sale of subscriptions, to fulfill your orders for product purchases, to honor your request to be removed from promotional mailings, as well as to monitor, analyze, and prevent fraudulent traffic or other suspicious activities on the Application. These service providers have access to or are provided with certain Information (including credit card information) in order to provide us with the applicable service.
For some of our services, we may make some information, such as the name of our users, their mailing address, phone number, email address – available on a rental or other basis (e.g. sale) to third party providers of goods and services, for example, when such information is provided in connection with podcasts or other sponsored downloads. If you no longer wish to receive messages from individual providers, please follow the unsubscribe link and instructions at the bottom of the provider’s message or contact the third-party provider directly to be removed from their list.
When you use a co-branded service (a service operated with a partner) or register or otherwise provide information on a co-branded site, you grant us permission to pass the information collected back to that partner. This may include third party service providers whose services are embedded into and/or appear within the websites. Use of your Information by such partners may be subject to their privacy policies as well as ours.
In order to help us sell advertising on the websites and otherwise publicize Edufikra.com, we may share aggregate statistics that describe our online audience. Those statistics are often based on the information you provide when you subscribe, register, or browse the websites and describe, among other things, the demographics of our visitors.
We and some of our advertisers use third party advertising service companies to serve advertisements and perform related services when you visit the websites. Often, these third-party advertising companies employ cookie and other technologies to measure the effectiveness of website, app and email advertisements and to create a record of interaction with our content that they use in conjunction with their advertising which appears on other sites or applications, or for reporting website traffic, app use, statistics, advertisement information and/or other activities on the websites. We also engage third party providers to assist with the segmentation of this information.
You have the following rights in relation to your information:
- Right to access
- Right to correct
- Right to erase
- Right to restrict our use of your Data
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
For details, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
The only type of cookies we will set on your device are ‘strictly necessary cookies’ which are essential to provide you with our Website and our Services. You can block these cookies by changing your browser setting but as they are essential for the operation of our Website, this may impact the provision of our Services. For all other rest-of-world users, please see the sections below regarding the types of cookies we will set on your device.
Tracking information consists of both individual and aggregated tracking information and is automatically gathered using “cookies.” A cookie is a small information file containing information, such as a user’s member name, that is written to the user’s hard drive by a web server and used to track the pages visited.
Tracking by our contractors and agents
Tracking by Our Advertisers
Our advertisers may include a wide variety of advertisers. Our advertisers and advertising vendors display targeted advertisements. Although we do not provide any personal information to the advertiser or advertising vendor, by interacting with or clicking on an ad you consent to the possibility that the advertiser will assume you meet the criteria used to target the ad.
In addition to cookies placed by us or our agents, as described above, advertisers and advertising vendors that serve ads onto our Services or other services may use their own cookies or other tracking technologies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any such advertisers and vendors.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our Services. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to our Services and other websites or applications in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third-party web beacon to collect this information.
Additional uses of the Information
We use your information, including personal information, as follows:
Provide Our Services
We use your information to provide and maintain our Services, including tailoring content to you; processing orders and payments; improving our Services; developing new features, products, or services; authenticating users; performing technical operations, such as updating software; and for other service and support-related purposes.
If you’re a registered member, we use your email address to send you free email newsletters containing selected editorial, educational content, advertisements, and links to our Website, Apps, and social media accounts. You can select which free newsletters you would like to receive or remove yourself from our free newsletter delivery list at any time by visiting your Email Preferences Page.
Special Offers and Advertisements
We may from time to time send registered members of Edufikra.com special offers and advertisements for products or services offered by us or third parties. We will not disclose any of your personal information to such third parties when we do this. If you do not wish to receive third party offers and advertisements, please change your settings on your Email Preferences Page.
We use your information to communicate with you (including by email) about your use of our Services, including to send you product or service updates; respond to your inquiries; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes.
Webinars and Events
If you register for an Edufikra.com webinar or event, we use your email address to send you notifications relevant to the webinar or event.
Research and Analytics
We use your information to analyze how users interact with our Services; to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
Protecting Rights and Interests
We use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
Choice and Opt-out
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
Members may opt out of receiving updates, notifications, and/or newsletters by clicking on the unsubscribe Updates, newsletters, and email notifications will also include instructions for opting out of those communications.
Disclosures of Information
We do not sell or disclose the personal information about you described above to nonaffiliated parties (including but not limited to companies, authorities, institutions, or individuals) except to provide you with products or services, when we have your permission, or under the circumstances listed below. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for those third parties’ own marketing purposes. We may disclose your information in the following cases:
- With other users of our services in order to provide our Services, such as disclosing teacher so that the school administrator can monitor teachers purchases on our Services;
- In response to court orders, or legal process, from law enforcement agencies or state and federal regulators, or as otherwise required by law;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us or other persons, including to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, or anything else that we may consider to be, or pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity;
- As we deem appropriate to attempt to prevent physical or emotional harm to other persons and/or to their property based on overt or implied threat;
- In connection with an actual or proposed corporate merger, acquisition, asset purchase, or other transaction or proceeding involving all or part of the business or assets to which the information pertains; and
- To other companies, such as direct marketers to perform marketing services on our behalf, or other institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
We may also disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no information security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Your Independent Relationship With Other Companies
In addition, some of our advertising partners will on occasion take polls of our visitors, in which case you would provide your information directly to the advertising partner. Such polls are for use by the advertising partner, and participation is voluntary. We do not assure privacy of information voluntarily provided in response to a survey or poll.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of UAE as applicable in the emirate of Sharjah. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Sharjah courts.
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to email@example.com.